"Often while traveling with a camera we arrive just as the sun slips over the horizon of a moment, too late to expose film, only time enough to expose our hearts." Minor White

Saturday, April 3, 2010

All-Area Boys Basketball

Lately I have been working on trying to shoot better portraits in my daily photographic life. I feel like this is an area where I can always improve. So I took it upon myself to set-up a shoot of all the first team all-area boys basketball players for the Sports Department here at the Appeal-Democrat. So with the help of Nathan Weyland who assisted me and after spending 5 hours in the Yuba City High School locker room I came away with a couple of shots that I kinda really like. That's Nathan trying to kill some boredom between shoots and the lighting set up of 4 lights.One main in umbrella softbox, two rim lights and one background light. The final images is how it ran in the paper.





2 comments:

Fotorican said...

Very cool little grasshopper. Nice work !

erin said...

these are amazing colleen!!