"Often while traveling with a camera we arrive just as the sun slips over the horizon of a moment, too late to expose film, only time enough to expose our hearts." Minor White

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thankful

being that this is thanksgiving week and this time of year always makes me reflect on where the past year has gone, it also marks my one-year anniversary working for the Appeal-Democrat. So I thought I would post some pics that I feel thankful for not because they are the best pictures i've taken but because I feel lucky to have met these people.
The first frame is of Dolores Huerta. A remarkable women and inspirational speaker. In 1962, she co-founded the National Farm Workers Association with Cesar Chávez. We need those who look out for those are less fortunate than ourselves.
the second frame is of a young man's Mike McCullah's guitar,who drowned in a near by lake. I met this young man at his sister's funeral about six months prior. His family was so welcoming even though they were suffering such tragic loss. I'm am thankful for this.
the third frame is of a young women Meagan Bridgefarmer, 15, with her mother Cynthia by her side, makes an emotional plea to members of the Marysville City Council to help the homeless like herself who are living at the former Hollywood Trailer Park in the riverbottoms. This brave little girl broke my heart with her raw honesty as she pleaded with the city of Marysville to not abandon the homeless. i am thankful to have been witness to her selflessness when her family had nothing.





No comments: